VMware Communities
clayj
Contributor
Contributor

"Waiting for VMware Fusion Helper to Quit" in 3.0

After downloading 3.0 and installing it with the trial key, I now see one problem: When I start my Mac Pro, VMware Fusion is set to run automatically on startup. The VMware Fusion Helper is also listed as a startup application, much further down in the list of items. When the machine starts up, a window appears in the middle of the screen (not right away, but before too long) saying "Waiting for VMware Fusion Helper to quit" and offering the option to Force Quit the program. Eventually this goes away by itself, so it's not really a problem, per se, but I am wondering why it's appearing in the first place -- I've never seen this before in Fusion 1.x or 2.x.

Anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
cchiang12
Contributor
Contributor

remove the fusion helper from your login.

see if that works.

0 Kudos
JcDenaes
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

"Waiting for VMware Fusion Helper to Quit" appeared in my Fusion 3.0.2 (232708) after an upgrade from os 10.5.6 to 10.6.3 done this w-e (09 may 2010)

I have VMWare 3 since some months now an it worked fine until the os x upgrade. As a whole, Fusion still works fine, just this alert coming from nowhere when I launch Fusion (I've always launched it manually, never with "open at login")

MacBook Pro "Core 2 Duo" 2.2 15-Inch

Merom CPUs with Napa refresh chipset

2.33 GHz "Core 2 Duo" (T7600)

TIA,

--

Jc.

0 Kudos