VMware Communities
atnbirdie
Contributor
Contributor

"Reinstall" VMWare Tools?

I just upgraded from VMW Fusion 3 to 4 on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.6.8. My virtual machine runs Win 7.  The upgrade of VMWF and compatibility change for the Win7 VM seemed to go seamlessly.  No problems.  I clicked on to update VMWare tools, and that too seemed to go flawlessly.  No error messages and all seems to be functioning.  However, when I go into the Virtual Machine menu now, the menu has a listing that says "Reinstall VMWare Tools".  I don't recall from v3 if that is the normal menu item name or does that indicate there is a problem with VMWare tools?  Given all seems well, I'm thinking it is a normal term, but I don't recall what it was in the previous version.

Steve

VMWare Fusion on OSX (10.6) running WinXP Pro
0 Kudos
1 Reply
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Steve wrote: However, when I go into the Virtual Machine menu now, the menu has a listing that says "Reinstall VMWare Tools".  I don't recall from v3 if that is the normal menu item name or does that indicate there is a problem with VMWare tools?  Given all seems well, I'm thinking it is a normal term, but I don't recall what it was in the previous version.

This is new in VMware Fusion 4, so there is nothing to worry about and all is well.

0 Kudos