VMware Communities
jonathan_haywar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

"LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -600 for the file /path/to/machine.vmx" under 2.0.0 on Snow Leopard

I was running Fusion 2.0.0 under Leopard, and after I upgraded to Snow Leopard, I can open virtual machines through the GUI but no longer does /usr/bin/open work from the command line. If, from a shell, I run:

/usr/bin/open /path/to/machine.vmx

I get:

LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -600 for the file /path/to/machine.vmx

This happens both from the unprivileged account I use to start VMware from the GUI, and also as root, and specifying "file:///path/to/machine.vmx" instead of "/path/to/machine.vmx" seems not to do anything different.

Is this something I can fix by upgrading to Fusion 2.0.6? Is there anything else I can do so /usr/bin/open will open virtual machines?

Jonathan

Jonathan's Corner: Read Books Online Free

0 Kudos
4 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

VMware Fusion 2.0.0 is not compatible with OS X Snow Leopard and you should upgrade to VMware Fusion 2.0.6 regardless of whether or not it will correct the CLI issue.

jonathan_haywar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware Fusion 2.0.0 is not compatible with OS X Snow Leopard and you should upgrade to VMware Fusion 2.0.6 regardless of whether or not it will correct the CLI issue.

Thank you; I want to upgrade to 2.0.6 and take things from there.

Could you provide a download link? The prominently featured release notes did not seem to have a download link, and I found evaluation download links but wasn't sure if they would upgrade an existing installation.

Jonathan

0 Kudos
jonathan_haywar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I was able to try things out after upgrading to 2.0.6 and it seems to work from the CLI.

Thanks!

Jonathan

0 Kudos