VMware Communities
ant
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

"Internal error" every time I snapshot, delete old snapshot(s), and reclaim disk space.

Hello.

I am using VMware Fusion Pro v8.0.2 (also reproduced in v8.0.1) with a couple months old updated 64-bit W7 EE SP1 VM from VMware Fusion v7.1.x in my work's 15" MacBook Pro (early 2013; Retina) with updated Mac OS X v10.10.5 (Yosemite). I noticed a pattern every time I use VM to update its softwares like Windows updates with their required reboots, shut down, take a snapshot, delete the old snapshot(s), and then reclaim the disk space. After all that, VMware Fusion gave me a pop-up error dialog box saying "Internal Error".

I boot up the VM and don't see anything wrong. Why do I keep seeing this error? Thank you in advance. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jermsmit
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I could start with looking in your system logs (/var/log/system.log)

You could attempt to create a new VM and move the .vmdk file under the new folder and detach the new disk and attach the original disk and see if this clearings up our issue.  As there could be some level of corruption in the configuration files or lock files which can't be written properly

Lets start with the log files 

0 Kudos