VMware Communities
Viking501
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

"Control" key for multiple selections

I am using Fusion 2 and can't get the Mac keyboard "Control" keys (either right or left) to behave like the Windows "Ctrl" key for making multiple selections. Either "control" key behaves like a right click and does not mark a selection. I also tried the Mac "Command" key but all that does is open the Start menu. I have searched the forums and all I can find are posts which recommend disabling the "enable MacOS mouse shortcuts" check box in Fusion preferences. This check box was already unchecked so I need another option. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I have no problem with a normal Windows ctrl-click to select multiple objects when my VMware Fusion Preferences are set as in the image below. Note: IIRC There is a bug if you have modified the default Key Mappings involving the Ctrl key and if so then you'd need to restore to the default under Key Mappings.

Message was edited by: WoodyZ

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I have no problem with a normal Windows ctrl-click to select multiple objects when my VMware Fusion Preferences are set as in the image below. Note: IIRC There is a bug if you have modified the default Key Mappings involving the Ctrl key and if so then you'd need to restore to the default under Key Mappings.

Message was edited by: WoodyZ

0 Kudos
Viking501
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick response. I did as your screenshot suggested and it now works as it should. The problem with the other posts is trhat they directed one to the wrong tab on the preferences window.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The problem with the other posts is trhat they directed one to the wrong tab on the preferences window.

Actually the problem is in some cases changing that other setting does work and it may have to do with either how other things are configured or a bug and or what version of Fusion one is using. But whatever works for you is what counts. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Viking501
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Right, Thanks again!

0 Kudos