VMware Communities
billboc
Contributor
Contributor

problem during installation with ...

hello

during the installation, i meet a problem

when i enter my password admin the winddows appears again and again when i click on OK

PS: i'm booting on a external HD and i try to install Fusion 4 on it ...

the error message

Capture d’écran 2012-01-14 à 08.50.18.jpg

do you know what is the problem ?

thank you for help...

0 Kudos
5 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Is the Account you're installing under an Admin Account?

When installing under an Admin Account the Installation Authorization Dialog Box should only appear one time during the VMware Fusion install and if it is reoccurring then I'd start by validating the MD5/SHA1 Checksum of the Installer DMG Image against its published values to make sure the container is not corrupted.

0 Kudos
billboc
Contributor
Contributor

hello

yes, i'm installing under an Admin Account and the contanier is ok (MD5 test)

i'm trying to install fusion on a cloned system 10.6.8 (on a external HD firewire) is it a problem ?

thank you

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

I have several external FireWire drives that each have a version of Mac OS X installed, Leopard, Snow Leopard and or Lion and at one time or another it was either a clone of an internal HDD and not necessarily the system the external drive is connected to at any given time and also clean install to the external drive.  I've then had just about every version of VMware Fusion installed under each and have never had any problems installing VMware Fusion in this manner.  These are all US English installs of both Mac OS X and VMware Fusion and other language installs may be problematic in some cases.  Although I have to admit that off the top of my head I can't recall any language specific issues however I'm pretty sure there have been some in the past.  The best place to look is the Release Notes and Knowledge base.

0 Kudos
billboc
Contributor
Contributor

the problem is found

i was working with a cloned system (super duper)

after a clean install it works fine

thank you

++

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

the problem is found

i was working with a cloned system (super duper)

after a clean install it works fine

I've used CCC, Disk Utility, and SuperDuper! and have not had any problems.  Although I probably use CCC and or Disk Utility more then I use SuperDuper!.

0 Kudos