VMware Communities
Pete_Berezuk
Contributor
Contributor

ovf import failed

I received an updated .ovf of a Linux VM that I have successfully loaded previous versions of and experienced this error during the import...

Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 17.19.11.png

This is a new error to me and I am looking for possible solutions on my end to attempt.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

It looks like the one who exported the VM/created the OVF is running a later version that you do.

Did you already check whether "Retry" (as suggested by the message) allows to import the VM?

If this doesn't work, you may want to check the entries in the OVF file, or compare them with previous versions that worked.

If you cannot find anything, please attach the OVF file to a reply post, and mention the VMware Fusion version/build that you are using.

André

0 Kudos
Pete_Berezuk
Contributor
Contributor

Since this issue showed itself when I was removing an old VM and bringing in a new VM, I went back to the old VM and attempted to import it.  That import failed as well but for a the following error "Invalid target disk adapter type: pvscsi", which is odd because I corrected that issue in the .ovf per the instructions at VMware Fusion 10 – Cannot import .ova virtual appliance templates anymore? | Jani Kohonen 

That said... Andre thank you for the guidence.  I am going to see what difference there are in the new VM and old VM .ovf files and see if that brings to light any discrepancies.

0 Kudos
hafezz3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

was it helpful? Did you get the answer?

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

@hafezz3 This is a 4 year old post. If you're having this issue, you might want to start a new thread and provide details on what's not working for you.

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos