VMware Communities
andy_l
Contributor
Contributor

need for certain keys within a VM

Hi

Just installed VMWare Fusion, and tried to run Visual Studio within this VM with Unity enabled and it works like a charm, but I have som problems. I do some development with C#, and when I run VS I can't locate the keys with {,},[ and ]. These are keys that are esential in C#, so how can I enable these in my VM? Unity is so much better then using bootcamp to booting into Vista.

How can I enable the keys in the VM?

/A

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

I don't have my VM with Visual Studio 2008 installed with me, but have you tried toggling VMware Fusion > Preferences > Enable Mac OS keyboard shortcuts? What locale is your OS X host OS in (US English or other?) Do those keys work in Single window mode?

0 Kudos
borisdusek
Expert
Expert

From my observations, the VM keyboard layout is independent of host OS keyboard layout. So you should take care of correct keyboard layout in Windows VM - i.e. set layout to English in Windows and then you will have on the two keys just right to letter "p", when pressed with shift. Or just set your Windows layout to the one where you know where the keys are and with which you are comfortable. Let me know if you have any trouble with the language setting in Windows.

0 Kudos