VMware Communities
Betazero
Contributor
Contributor

mouse jumps and clicks

Randomly the mouse will jump to a random location and clicks (its driving me crazy). I happens in Autocad 2008 and not sure if its related to that program. It is literally the only program I use in Fusion so its the only one I see the behavior in. Also when trying to move my mouse to the 2nd monitor it will jump back to the monitor with Fusion running in it. Help!!!

0 Kudos
11 Replies
avanish321
Expert
Expert

Open VMware Fusion preferences.In the Gaming section, select Never Optimize Mouse for Games

which version of fusion are u using ?

Cheers! Avanish
0 Kudos
Betazero
Contributor
Contributor

5 And it's fully updated. I will check the gaming optimization thing when I get back to work. i know its not on because its really annoying to dual monitor with it on but it may be on automatic.

0 Kudos
Betazero
Contributor
Contributor

It is set to never optimize

0 Kudos
avanish321
Expert
Expert

Whats the guest OS?

Cheers! Avanish
0 Kudos
Betazero
Contributor
Contributor

Windows 7. Also there is a lockup which happens which requires me to minimize the Autocad window and then maximize it and it goes away. These behaviors do not happen in Bootcamp.

0 Kudos
avanish321
Expert
Expert

check what is the mouse settings in control panel of Windows guest .

Go to Control panel > mouse > pointers tab.

Chose the scheme : none.

disable pointer shadows.

under pointer options tab :

ensure that pointer trails is disabled.

Cheers! Avanish
0 Kudos
Betazero
Contributor
Contributor

Trying setting scheme to none.

Shadows already were not enabled and same with trails.

I need to try it for a while to see if this had any effect.

0 Kudos
Betazero
Contributor
Contributor

Still same problems. Anything else I can try? Its really driving me crazy.

0 Kudos
Betazero
Contributor
Contributor

HEEELLLLPPPPP!!!!!! How do I get a solution to this? Its happening a good 20 times per day. I move or copy or just do something that requires mouse input and it jumps a huge distance and I have to hit undo. Its really starting to mess with my productivity.

0 Kudos
essambk
Contributor
Contributor

I am encountering similar behavior on Fusion 6.0.1 in a host running a fresh commercial release Mavericks install on an Early 2013 MacBook Pro Retina 15". I have a Windows 7 64-bit client running in full screen mode on a second monitor.

If the mouse is currently active on the Mac side, then I click in a VM window and don't move the mouse, the mouse cursor disappears for a second or two and then re-appears. If I immediately click again, the mouse will jump to the top or bottom of the VM window, then function normally in the VM (except for the fact that it's not where I expected it to be). Sometimes the mouse seems to require 3 clicks in the VM window before it works. When this happens, the cursor jumps to the bottom of the screen and has to be moved back into the VM window before clicking or it may end up clicking back in the Mac side.

If the mouse is currently active inside the VM and then I click on a Mac application window, the Mac application window becomes active and the mouse works as expected.

0 Kudos
essambk
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like the problem is related to running the VM in full-screen mode, possibly in conjunction with the "Displays have separate Spaces" Mission Control setting. It also breaks the menu bar when disabling the "Hide Menu Bar in Full Screen" option. Instead of showing the menu bar, it will hide it anyway. If you move the mouse to the top of the screen, the menu bar re-appears, but disappears if you don't click on it immediately.

I am currently running my VM with the window manually sized to almost the full size of my second monitor. The mouse behaves as expected and the menu bar also work normally.

0 Kudos