VMware Communities
Nudist
Contributor
Contributor

line 62: Syntax error with Fusion 1.1 running Windows XP

Running Fusion on a Macbook Pro. Have been using OK for past several months. Problem occurred yesterday. I had Fusion configured for 'Suspend the VM'. Had Fusion and a few other apps open at time when another app froze. I attempted to quit Fusion which started shut down but also froze. When I next when to launch Fusion I double clicked on the VM called "Windows XP Professional.vmwarevm"

This is the message File "/Users/chrisnewman/Desktop/Windows XP Professional.vmwarevm/Windows XP Professional 2.vmx" line 62: Syntax error". Not sure what do. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Please attach a copy of the "/Users/chrisnewman/Desktop/Windows XP Professional.vmwarevm/Windows XP Professional 2.vmx" file.

By default Virtual Machines are created in the "~/Documents/Virtual Machines" folder.

~ Is your Home Folder

They are placed in a Folder (Bundle Package) with an extension of ".vmwarevm" which by default the extension is not visible in Finder.

Example: "~/Documents/Virtual Machines/Windows XP SP2.vmwarevm" would in Finder just look like an icon named "Windows XP SP2"

You can view the Package Contents of the "Windows XP SP2.vmwarevm" folder by right-click (or Ctrl+Click) the "Windows XP SP2" icon and select Show Package Contents.

0 Kudos
Nudist
Contributor
Contributor

As you request.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Ctrl-click (right-click) the Windows XP Professional 2.vmx file and select Open With > Other... then select TextEdit under Applications.

Scroll to the end of the file and remove the line, "checkpoint.vmState = "Wi" then save the file and close it and try starting the VM.

0 Kudos
Nudist
Contributor
Contributor

Already done. Thanks again. Id seen many mentions for the VMX file but didn't think to check the package contents. It works fine

0 Kudos