VMware Communities
zaidocram
Contributor
Contributor

isight does not work when open windows in VMware Fusion

Hi, I am trying to use the camera in windows vista ultimate using VMWare fusion 2.0 The drivers are installed and the camera is connected to windows, but I can not use it, I tryed going to control panel > scanners and cameras but it says I have to make sure it is connected to the computer and truned on, I tried also by using the msn messenger > tools > webcam settings but it says it can not detect a camera. I when to Mac os, I am using 10.5.4 with 2 GB RAM (VMWare has 820MB) and tried to open Photo Booth but it can not use the camera. Only when I suspent or shut down the virtual machine is when i can use the camera the on Mac.

Can anyone help me please

Thank you,

Marco D.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
zaidocram
Contributor
Contributor

Any idea anyone?? or how can I check if the drivers are properly install?

Sorry I don't know much about it

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Do other USB devices work in the guest (mouse/keyboard don't count)? Is this 32-bit or 64-bit?

Only when I suspent or shut down the virtual machine is when i can use the camera the on Mac.

This part is normal and expected - a USB device (such as the iSight) can only be used by one OS at a time.

0 Kudos
zaidocram
Contributor
Contributor

I've only used tha USB memory card Micro, it works good. It's Windows 32 bit

0 Kudos
zaidocram
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I just got a Wireless mouse HP but it is not recognized it says there is an error attempting to install it - Apple built in bluetooth. I have connected the virtual machine > usb > apple bluetooth adapter

0 Kudos