VMware Communities
stasia
Contributor
Contributor

investors business daily graphs online won't load

i recently installed vmware fusion for the main purpose of being able to use windows xp pro on my mac to access investors business daily and its graphing service. the site works perfectly except for the most important feature - being able to download the graphs themselves. the graphs begin loading and then "hang" (i get a message saying "done", but the graphs do not actually load). i contacted ibd website technical support and they tried to help, but to no avail. apparently parallels and virtual pc work fine with the graphs. i find that boot camp works fine also, but i'd rather not have to restart my computer each time to get to the "dark side". anyone else have this issue, or been able to resolve it? anxiously awaiting!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

The default Network for a Fusion Virtual Machine is NAT. Have you tried switching to Bridged?

Note: If you switch while the Virtual Machine is running you need to release and renew the IP Address.

One way to do this is change while the Virtual Machine is shutdown and not suspended or have a look at for info on releasing and renewing the IP Address.

0 Kudos
stasia
Contributor
Contributor

thank you for your prompt response, woodyz. i am at work on a windows machine (unfortunately), but will try your suggestion when i get home. i must admit, i had no idea about "NAT vs Bridged", but hopefully, i'll be able to figure it out.

0 Kudos
stasia
Contributor
Contributor

thanks, woodyz for your prompt response. as i posted, i'll give it a try

(hopefully i can figure it out) when i get home onto my mac.

jna

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

i am at work on a windows machine (unfortunately), but will try your suggestion when i get home. i must admit, i had no idea about "NAT vs Bridged", but hopefully, i'll be able to figure it out.

Yes switching between NAT and Bridged has been know to fix issues such as yours in similar circumstances. Have a look at: VMware Fusion menu bar > Help > VMware Fusion Help > Managing Virtual Machines > Configuring the Network Connection > To connect and configure the network adapter

If you have any questions of problems then post back and I'm sure someone will help.

0 Kudos
stasia
Contributor
Contributor

woodyz, you are a genius!

you solved my problem with the graphs, and i just want to say thank you, thank you!

0 Kudos