VMware Communities
TONY-FG
Contributor
Contributor

installing fusion

This week I purchased my new imac with leopard 1.5.3 from apple store online (Italy). I also bought from Apple a copy of wm fusion.

However the version on the cd is 1.0. I have read that this version is not compatible with the new Apple OS . I have downloaded from the VMware site the new 1.3 upgrade, free for WV fusion customer. Since I am new of os in apple environment, should I install directly then upgrade 1.3 version of VMware fusion, or should i first install the (obsolete) cd with the 1.0 version and then install the upgrade. Thank you for your support.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Just directly install the version you downloaded from the VMware web site and use the Serial Number included with the CD version.

Message was edited by: WoodyZ

BTW Even if you are not prompted to reboot the Mac after installing VMware Fusion do it anyway!

0 Kudos
TONY-FG
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much! I am going to use the serial number that I got on my e-mail after I register the product (with the cd in Italy they supply you with a temporary serial number that you use in order to get the final serial number that  you use when you install VMware fusion).

Anybody knows if norton products  (antivrirus and firewall) installed on a xp environment in  a virtual machine may cause problems?

Any suggestions for alternative security software?

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Anybody knows if norton products (antivrirus and firewall) installed on a xp environment in a virtual machine may cause problems?

No more or less then they do on a physical machine.

0 Kudos