VMware Communities
K9JRI
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

iSight not released when performing a Fusion "Shutdown"

After the installation of Apple's Bootcamp Drivers (version 1.2) my iSight camera seems to work perfectly within WindowsXP. It works quite well with Skype.

When I use the "Shutdown" button from within Fusion (beta 3) all of my external USB devices, including the USB/Serial adapter and the Griffin iMic, are released except for the iSight camera.

In order to use the iSight camera with OS X I must first disconnect it from within Fusion. Is there an option that I can set that will cause the iSight camera to be released along with the other USB devices?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bw99
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Was there ever a response to this? I have the same problem with Fusion 1.0 on a MacBook Pro Santa Rosa. As well as the iSight not being released, I can add:

\- Windows partition not re-mounted (Fusion unmounts it when booting from the bootcamp partition, which is fair enough while the VM is running, but I'd like it remounted and back on my OSX desktop when I close down the VM)

\- External USB hard disk not released after using it with the Windows VM. This is a WD Passport USB drive with two partitions (HFS and NTFS).

My experience running the VMware player on a Windows PC has always been that devices are released back to the host OS promptly, so it's disappointing to find that Fusion doesn't do this - closing down the guest shouldn't leave the host in a broken state.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
bw99
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Was there ever a response to this? I have the same problem with Fusion 1.0 on a MacBook Pro Santa Rosa. As well as the iSight not being released, I can add:

\- Windows partition not re-mounted (Fusion unmounts it when booting from the bootcamp partition, which is fair enough while the VM is running, but I'd like it remounted and back on my OSX desktop when I close down the VM)

\- External USB hard disk not released after using it with the Windows VM. This is a WD Passport USB drive with two partitions (HFS and NTFS).

My experience running the VMware player on a Windows PC has always been that devices are released back to the host OS promptly, so it's disappointing to find that Fusion doesn't do this - closing down the guest shouldn't leave the host in a broken state.

0 Kudos