VMware Communities
dodomac
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

iSight and VMware Fusion

Hi,

My config is VMware Fusion (Version 1.1.2 (87978)) running on Mac Book Pro (Leopard 10.5.2) with Windows XP Professional installed on the VM on a separate USB disk.

I just now installed the VMware update 'VMware-Fusion-1.1.2-87978' and the best that happens is that VMware can connect to iSight but Windows doesn't see it.

However, Windows did find and install new hardware when I connected the iSight, but Device Manager still doesn't see the iSight. So some weird behavior here.

I have reinstalled Boot Camp from my Leopard disk and that was successful, but with the same result, the iSight driver is just not found!

The behavior was the same before I installed the update. I thought the update would sort this problem.

I had looked at some other postings here but haven't located one which fixes the problem.

Has anyone any suggestions?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

There is a known issue in 1.x with USB devices and over 2 GB of RAM for a virtual machine, but you don't fit that.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MandarMS
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

One quick question: How much Memory you have assigned to Virtual Machine?

dodomac
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The default of 512MB. I have a 2Gig machine but am waiting on another 1Gig to arrive (hopefully today) so I can assign that to the VM, as I want my OS X to stay responsive.

I have the 233 MHz version of the MacBook Pro, so it's expandable upto 3Gig only.

I'm guessing from your comment that this may simply be a memory issue?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

There is a known issue in 1.x with USB devices and over 2 GB of RAM for a virtual machine, but you don't fit that.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Have a look at my reply in the following thread as you might be able to use the information to resolve your issue.

dodomac
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

I recently saw your post but my symptoms were different so I thought there may be another easier way.

The increasing of memory did not solve my problem so I decided to try your solution.

My Serial Bus Controller was having problems so I extracted (using unrar) the contents of the iSight installer file to a folder.

I then told it to search for its driver (from device manager) in that folder which it found and installed.

All other h/w were then found and installed as the drivers had previously been installed.

Thanks for your help, my problem is now solved.

0 Kudos
dodomac
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sorry I accidently clicked on the link giving you credit for solving my problem. I do not know how to take this back!

0 Kudos