VMware Communities
W6JHB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

iMac Audio in/Out Ports on Back - How to Share?

I'm running Fusion 5.0.1 with a single Windows/XP guest on an iMac that has OS X 10.7.5. On the back of the iMac are two 3.5 mm jacks - one for headphones and the other for what I assume is a microphone. I'll be darned if I can figure out a way to have my Windows/XP guest see those two devices. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, Jim / W6jHB

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
W6JHB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Got it figured out - the old-fashioned way: I used the Help Facility!

I have an amateur radio transceiver that has an output port that sends "RX I/Q" data that connects to the input of a PC sound card. When properly connected, and with the correct software, the user (me) is presented with a visual display of radio activity on a given slice of frequency.

The resolution was found in the Mac System Preferences-->Sound--> Input Tab. I changed it to Line In instead of Internal Microphone. Now it works as I wanted.

Jim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

What explicitly and specifically are you trying to do?

Have a look at Sound under: topicVirtual Hardware Specifications

Sound output and input using the Mac default input and output settings.

W6JHB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Got it figured out - the old-fashioned way: I used the Help Facility!

I have an amateur radio transceiver that has an output port that sends "RX I/Q" data that connects to the input of a PC sound card. When properly connected, and with the correct software, the user (me) is presented with a visual display of radio activity on a given slice of frequency.

The resolution was found in the Mac System Preferences-->Sound--> Input Tab. I changed it to Line In instead of Internal Microphone. Now it works as I wanted.

Jim

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Which is why I pointed out...

Sound output and input using the Mac default input and output settings.

Didn't think I'd also have to specifically tell you to go into System Preference as that's implied by what was posted! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
W6JHB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Actually, I found it before your message arrived - I was awoken at 01:00 by a sick baby and got my microphone issue corrected before your message arrived at 4:19 am. Smiley Wink But, thanks for the post reply - appreciated!

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

No worries, I didn't even look at times on posts today and didn't wake up till after my second cup of coffee, anyway hope the baby gets well quickly!

0 Kudos