VMware Communities
imho
Contributor
Contributor

howto import a ESXI OVA to VMware Fusion 6 Pro ?

i have an ova which is created for vsphere 5.5 and i want to import that into my fusion 6 pro.

in general the import is working, but the network configuration is not working properly. As this is an appliance and i do not have root access to install fusion extensions.

Maybe i have to convert the ova during the import, or do i have to respect some special settings ?

from fusion to vsphere it is no prob but what to do backwards ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mini2008
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

If you want to know how to import your OVA file,you can import your OVA file from multiple entries.

1. From menubar, File->Import->Choose File..., you can choose your ova file, then continue,save...

or

2. Open your Virtual Machine Library, Click Add->Import..., then the same with entry 1.

And when import finished, you can power on your VM directly, don't need any special settings.

And I noticed that you wrote "the import is working, but the network configuration is not working properly", so do you mean you have imported the OVA file, but for your imported VM, the network can't work? or something others? If yes, could you tell me the OS type of your guest VM?

0 Kudos
imho
Contributor
Contributor

hi,

thanks for your reply, i am not sure that its import related, so it did not look like.

This is an Appliance from Netapp's new OnCommandUnifiedManager and i cannot get to the commandline, there is just a kind of batch menu to change IP configuration.

I thought there is a kind of option to respect by importing this OVA, as it is primary created and supported for vSphere 5.5

0 Kudos