VMware Communities
abcdefghij23456
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

how to install microsoft office

We have VMFusion with Window XP- want to install Microsoft Office 2003--where are the instructions. How do we install this program or any software?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You install software in a Virtual Machine the same way as a Physical Machine... Insert the Disc and run the setup.exe if it doesn't start automatically.

VMware Fusion (menu bar) > Help > VMware Fusion Help > Managing Virtual Machines > Configuring the CD/DVD Drive > Connecting and Setting Up a CD/DVD Drive

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You install software in a Virtual Machine the same way as a Physical Machine... Insert the Disc and run the setup.exe if it doesn't start automatically.

VMware Fusion (menu bar) > Help > VMware Fusion Help > Managing Virtual Machines > Configuring the CD/DVD Drive > Connecting and Setting Up a CD/DVD Drive

0 Kudos
abcdefghij23456
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

WoodyZ,

Thank you a million times! We have spent untold hours trying and your response was the one! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you,! It is working beautifully.

abcdefghij2345678

0 Kudos
abcdefghij23456
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks WoodyZ,

I will look at it, but my problem has been solved. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
nwnaiad
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

These instructions did not work for me. I still can't install Office 2007 on my virtual machine.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

These instructions did not work for me. I still can't install Office 2007 on my virtual machine.

Okay, well thanks for telling us that. (I assume you're not asking a question and only making a statement since there is no question mark and only a periods on your sentences.)

0 Kudos