VMware Communities
vladigospel92
Contributor
Contributor

help!! Transport (VMDB) error-14: Pipe connection has been broken

hi, i hope you can help me, recently i install mac os monterrey and my VMware start to show this fault: "Transport (VMDB) error-14: Pipe connection has been broken" I already install the software again and create a new virtual machine, but this message is still shown when I run my virtual machine.

I attach the .log, please, can you help me! I really appreciate it!!

46 Replies
tony8888
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare 12.2.x doe not work well with the OCLP. The following works for me with MBP 2012 and MacMini 2012:

1) Install MacOS 12.3.1 by using OCLP 0.4.4

2) installed Fusing 12.2.3

3) turn off SIP

4) create a new VM for BootCamp (choose "Install from Boot Camp", then, "Create a Boot Camp virtual machine"). This process will fail if SIP is on.

5) open OCLP, goto "Post Install Root Patch", click "Revert Root Patches" and reboot

6) Now you should be able to open VMware Fusion and open the BootCamp, without the "Transport (VMDB) error-14"  but the speed is very slow.

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

That means you're installing on an unsupported OS and hardware configuration.  By doing so, you will have issues that you'll have to deal with, and VMWare won't provide support.

0 Kudos
eldxmgw
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue with OCLP and MacMini 2012. It seems to me that the OCLP community isn't aware of this. At least i cannot see any pinned issue thread on GitHub.

Yesterday i did a lot of testing with Fusion 12.1.2 and latest Version on latest Monterey with the following syntaxes in the vmx file of an old XP VM:

mks.forceDiscreteGPU = "FALSE"

mks.enableMTLRenderer = "0"

mks.enableGLRenderer = "1"

mks.gl.allowBlacklistedDrivers = "TRUE"

That worked on Catalina, but not on Monterey.

I'll try to switch to latest Parallels Hypervisor and see if that works. If not, all comes down to the powerful Hackintosh workstation with dGPU instead of the OCLP MacMini.

0 Kudos
futurefry
Contributor
Contributor

You have to add it to the preference file for VMware not the VMX file.

~/Library/Preferences/VMware Fusion/preferences

add that to the end of the file:

Also make sure you "Allowed" vmware to run in the system prefs "Security & Privacy" -> General 

ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

Please remove your post.  Discussion of circumvention of Apples EULA is not permitted in these forums.

0 Kudos
Rogerio-ES-Braz
Contributor
Contributor

1. You have to add it to the preference file for VMware not the VMX file
    ~/Library/Preferences/VMware Fusion/preferences
  2. add that to the end of the file:
  3. Also make sure you "Allowed" vmware to run in the system prefs "Security & Privacy" -> General 

👆Thanks futurefry!

eldxmgw
Contributor
Contributor

@futurefry i did all of this, but still without any difference. I also try to downgrade the compability mode from 19 to 14 and 10. Still the same error message that the host can't serve any 3D acceleration.

0 Kudos