VMware Communities
kurpaige
Contributor
Contributor

group open virtual machines

Is there a way to have fusion open vms and have them in one window tabbed like workstation 10?  My goal is to create a few server vms but have them all open in one window and remote desktop into the one i need when i need it?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Virtual Machine's run under VMware Fusion can be viewed individually in either Single Window, Full Screen or Unity (appear as if a native OS X App) and if started by vmrun, Headless (no GUI).  VMware Fusion's UI does not provide a tabbed single window view as VMware Workstation does.

0 Kudos
AzironaZack
Contributor
Contributor

I have a variety of VMs running simultaneously.  They are launched headless by vmrun with the nogui option (I wrote some shell scripts that launch the VMs when the system boots up) and then I access them remotely using Apple Remote Desktop (ARD).  ARD allows you to observe multiple computers in a single window like you describe.  This setup works great for me.

Apple Remote Desktop is US $79.99 on the AppStore.  There may be other VNC clients that are cheaper and that allow observing multiple computers.

0 Kudos