VMware Communities
balancingact
Contributor
Contributor

fusion shot the isight

hey there. i've looked around and haven't found a solution for the problem i'm having. i have a macbook pro less than a year old and after installing and running fusion i tried to use the built in isight camera in ichat and photobooth and its gone. even with the vm shut down and fusion not started its not there in os x. yup, go to system profiler and there are two usb high-speed busses there but no built-in isight under either of them. any ideas?

i've even tried uninstalling fusion and its still gone. i've put it back on hoping maybe i could disconnect it from the vm but its just not there. neither operating system is seeing it.

any ideas? did fusion install a driver over the top of the one os x uses?

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

What version of Fusion? What version of OS X?

If you restart the Mac (possibly uninstalling Fusion beforehand), do you see the iSight?

0 Kudos
balancingact
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for posting!

10.5.6 and fusion 2.0.1.

tried the restart. no love. its like the hardware isn't even there

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

go to system profiler and there are two usb high-speed busses there but no built-in isight under either of them. any ideas?

If the Built-in iSight is not listed in the USB Device Tree then I'd submit that you have a hardware failure and I doubt this has anything to do with Fusion.

I'd boot the Mac from the Leopard Install Disc 1 and run System Profiler from the DVD and if the Built-in iSight is not listed in the USB Device Tree that pretty much confirms a hardware failure as you'd be running the Mac and querying the hardware from a clean uncorrupted OS X build without the influence Fusion in the mix.

0 Kudos