VMware Communities
jonathanzg
Contributor
Contributor

fusion 6 with yosimite GM very slow

Hello, I just tried fusion 6.04 with yosemite beta 4 and it runs very slow, I tried win xp, win 7 and win 8.1.  I see that the vmware-vmx process takes 100% of one of the processors.  Any way to make it work?

Thanks

Jonathan

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jonathanzg
Contributor
Contributor

A follow up.  I have 10.10 beta 1, 3 and 4.  In beta 1, fusion 6.04 works perfectly, but beta 3 and 4 it is too slow, imposible to do any work.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Jonathan

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Yosemite, which hasn't yet reached GM, is not a supported OS X Guest under VMware Fusion 6.x.  It is somewhat supported under VMware Fusion 7 although until the OS X Yosemite GM occurs it will not be supported to fullest extent that VMware will support it.  That said, an OS X  VM is never as supported as a Windows VM in the context of what's considered fully supported.  You can trial a fully functional VMware Fusion 7 free for 30 days to see if any of the OS X Yosemite Betas work better for you! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
jonathanzg
Contributor
Contributor

HI Woody, I did not explain myself correctly. The mac is running 10.10 and the guest is win 8.1.  I guess fusion 7 makes the win 8.1 guest run correctly, but my mac is kind of old and I would prefer not to buy fusion 7 yet.

Any way to make the vmx process run ok?

thanks

0 Kudos