VMware Communities
harmv
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

fusion 6.0.1 clipboard broken, vmtoolsd.exe crashes

After upgrading my mac (host machine) to mavericks,

I upgraded from vmware fusion 5 pro to fusion 6 pro  (6.0.1) last weekend.

Since the upgrade to fusion 6.0.1 the clipboard is broken.  copy/paste between my host (mac) and my VM (windows XP)  does _not_ work.

This is probably causing it: A minute after starting op the VM (windows)  vmtoolsd.exe crashes.

details:

Error signature

ppName: vmtoolsd.exe AppVer: 9.6.0.26048 ModName: msvcr90.dll
ModVer: 9.0.30729.6161 Offset: 0006ccd5

This crash of vmtoolsd.exe happens every boot.

This used to work fine with vmware fusion 5.0

version information

host: macbook pro, mavericks

VM: Windows XP prof, SP3

VMWare fustion: 6.0.1

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nancyz
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

similar post has reported atVMware Tools Core Service has stopped working could you please try if this could resolve your problem?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
harmv
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Upgrading to 6.0.2  does not help. (I did upgrade VMWare tools in windows VM too).

Please advice!  This is terrible !

0 Kudos
Skilken
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have the same problem. 

I am running Mavericks on a 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 iMac. 

I have Fusion 6.0.2 running with a Windows 7 virtual machine.

vmtoolsd.exe is running in Windows 7.   (don't have the problem with it crashing)

No matter what the keyboard profile in Fusion, copy and paste between the mac and Fusion is not working. 

Yes - the Isolation setting is enabled to allow drag and drop and copy and paste, and it doesn't work.

I have uninstalled the VMWare Tools, and reinstalled it.  I have rebooted several times.  

Lack of copy and paste is a real pain in the ass...

Lets hope support is listening and gets someone to check this out...

nancyz
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

similar post has reported atVMware Tools Core Service has stopped working could you please try if this could resolve your problem?

0 Kudos
harmv
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

From the post you refer too.

>uncheck the first option "Open your Mac files and web links using Windows applications"

Yes that fixes the problem.

Thanks !

however: Of course it makes Fusion a lot less useful -- being able to open files SEAMLESSLY in Mac or Win applications is a big part of the attraction.

Skilken
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am running Windows 7 In Fusion 6.02 on Mavericks.  I don't have the option of opening mac files and web links using Windows Applications check.

vmwaretoolsd.exe is running fine, and there is no copy and paste between the Mac and Windows.   The problem isn't fixed for me when the option is not checked.

0 Kudos