VMware Communities
asolochek
Contributor
Contributor

fusion 5 3D color problem

I am running the tech preview of vmware fusion 5 (Version e.x.p  (791878)) and am seeing a show stopper of a bug with the 3d  acceleration.

Using Altium designer, both the 2d and 3d views are all white.  At one point there were all green, but after rebooting, they changed to white and have stayed that way.  If I turn off 3d acceleration, then the 2d views have the correct colors, but I can't use the 3d views.  Switching compatibility levels between fusion 4 and 5 has no effect.  2d and 3d works as expected in vmware fusion 4.

Here is a screenshot of the problem:

Screen Shot 2012-08-23 at 11.00.06 AM.png

And this is what it should look like:

Screen Shot 2012-08-23 at 10.57.24 AM.png

Anyone know how to fix this?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
andliuk07
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly the same here.

0 Kudos
nerbit
Contributor
Contributor

Same here; still a problem on release version 8.0.1 (825449)

0 Kudos
prairiecity
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same issue under Workstation 9.0.  The Release Notes for Fusion 5.0.2 include the comment "Addressed graphics issues with Autodesk Inventor, Altium Designer and SolidWorks."  This sounded promising so I tried Workstation 9.0.1 (although the 9.0.1 Release Notes don't mention Altium).  The problem appears to be fixed.

Working configuration:  Lenovo W530 with nVidia Quado K2000, Discrete Mode graphics and VT-x enabled in BIOS, Centos 6.3 x86_64, "nox2apic" kernel bootarg, kmod-nvidia (310) and nvidia-x11-drv and nvidia-x11-drv-32bit packages from ELRepo, VMware Workstation 9.0.1, Windows 7 64-bit guest with 3D acceleration enabled, up-to-date Altium Designer.

0 Kudos
asolochek
Contributor
Contributor

Indeed, this has been fixed in the latest update.

0 Kudos