VMware Communities
reob
Contributor
Contributor

fusion 3 windows 7 system recovery feature - can't load drivers after uninstalling VMWare tools

I am running Mac OsX 10.6.4 and loaded Fusion 3.1.0 (261058). I upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7. Everything seemed fine except I could not connect to the internet from Windows 7 (I could for Windows XP).

I found the following web site: http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=101646... and started working through the steps. I uninstalled VMWare tools. I was going to reinstall. After uninstalling, it Windows 7 came back with some drivers missing. It asked to restart the Windows 7 virtual PC, I clicked on OK.

When it booted up, I get a that says "Systerm Recover Feature" and asks me to load drivers.I don't know where the drivers are so I'm stuck in this loop. I can redo the conversion again but don't want to run into the same problem. I always wind up at the "Windows Recovery Error" screen.

I searched VMWare KB and communities as well as Google and didn't find anyone with the same problem. The same thing happened when I did another computer.

Thanks in advance.

reo

0 Kudos
1 Reply
reob
Contributor
Contributor

okay I redid installing Windows 7 and this time meticulously followed the instructions. Problem solved.

0 Kudos