VMware Communities
doctorted
Contributor
Contributor

error message " serial number expired or not valid " when trying to install new VMFUSION Software

error message " serial number expired or not valid " when trying to install new VMFUSION Software

Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Try a valid, unexpired serial number? Smiley Happy Seriously, though, where did you get the serial number from? Is this a trial version? Have you checked that the computer's clock is correct?

P.S. Please don't post the serial number.

0 Kudos
doctorted
Contributor
Contributor

Brand new from MacMall../Time Correct

?

0 Kudos
mudaltsov
Expert
Expert

Is it possible that you're mis-typing the serial number?

The serial number will not contain the following letters: B, I, O, S. So make sure you type a number zero instead of letter O, etc.

0 Kudos
doctorted
Contributor
Contributor

typing everything right

0 Kudos
mudaltsov
Expert
Expert

Everything should be correct then...

Are you installing version 1.0 from the CD, or 1.1 from the website? And are you on Tiger or Leopard?

I would recommend downloading Fusion 1.1 if you don't have it already. It's a free upgrade from 1.0, and the same serial number should work for both.

Another thing you can try is to install Fusion without providing a serial number - just leave the field blank. You can then input the serial number using the VMware Fusion -> Licensing... menu when running Fusion.

0 Kudos
doctorted
Contributor
Contributor

mudalstov

im going to try what u said...but heres the weird thing.

spoke with vmfusion support. they claim there may be a batch of discs with 'invalid liceenses'

weird right

gonna return the software to macmall and download from vmf website

too much aggravation.

ted

0 Kudos
doctorted
Contributor
Contributor

using leopard

version 1.1

0 Kudos
mudaltsov
Expert
Expert

spoke with vmfusion support. they claim there may be a batch of discs with 'invalid liceenses'

Wow, I was not aware of that.

I hope the new serial number you get works out.

Good luck,

Michael

0 Kudos