VMware Communities
Jeff
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

drag/drop support with mountain lion VM

Hi All,

I recently got a new macbook pro (with retina display and 16GB and of course SSD - very sweet). I created a windows 7 vm for my windows apps and I also wanted a seperate VM for developing on with Mountain Lion, so I downloaded Mountain Lion from the app store and created a mountain lion image. My only problem is that there doesn't seem to be any drag/drop support between my host mountain lion and my guest mountain lion VM. If I try drag and drop with my windows 7 VM, it works great, but not mountain lion to mountain lion.

Does anyone know if there is some setting I can turn on or if this is supposed to work? By the way, I'm running Fusion 5.0.3 and am on MacOS 10.8.3 (on my host and guest OS).

Thanks,

--Jeff

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KumarLande
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hey Jeff,

Yes this is a limitation having Mac OS X as guest OS. There are few other limitations as well like

• SVGA only.  No accelerated 2D or 3D graphics.
  • No Unity.
  • No multimon support in full screen.
  • No USB 3.0 support.

You can request this a feature or feedback through this link :  http://www.vmware.com/contact/contactus.html?department=prod_request

Thank you,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KumarLande
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hey Jeff,

Yes this is a limitation having Mac OS X as guest OS. There are few other limitations as well like

• SVGA only.  No accelerated 2D or 3D graphics.
  • No Unity.
  • No multimon support in full screen.
  • No USB 3.0 support.

You can request this a feature or feedback through this link :  http://www.vmware.com/contact/contactus.html?department=prod_request

Thank you,

Jeff
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick reply. I did request this. Hopefully, others will request it as well and we'll see the support. I think it's funny that a product written for the mac (Fusion) doesn't has more limited support than windows.

0 Kudos