VMware Communities
XPNet
Contributor
Contributor

/dev/vmmon : No such file after OS XYosemite Update

I updated to Yosemite this morning and found that my version of VMWare Fusion will not open any virtual machines.

I get a error /dev/vmmon : No such file or directory ' Please Make sure the kernel module 'vmmon' is loaded.

After doing some searching I found the incorrect answer of doing article "Uninstalling, reinstalling, and upgrading VMware Fusion (1014529)"

Doing this had no impact and still am getting the error after uninstalling, removing the library files, restarting and reinstalling.

Looking for next step,

Lucas

0 Kudos
4 Replies
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi XPNet,

Which version of Fusion are you using?  To run on Yosemite, you'll need to be using at least Fusion 6.0.5 or Fusion 7.

Cheers,

--

Darius

XPNet
Contributor
Contributor

I wish I knew that before I did the update, I'm running Fusion 5.0.

:smileyangry:

0 Kudos
XPNet
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a demo of VM Fusion 7.0. I need to run my VMs so I can reauthorize all my adobe products and some other software.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi XPNet,

As an alternative you can also roll back from Yosemite to Mavericks if you want to continue to use Fusion 5.x.

If you want to test the Fusion 7.x to see if it is worth your spending you can install and run a 30 day fully functional version before actually committing to spending anything.

After the 30 days, you buy a license to change the installed Fusion into an unlimited version.

Direct Download link to Fusion evaluation

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos