VMware Communities
JimOQuinn
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

de-Appled my life, is a credit or license transfer to Linux Workstation Pro possible?

Purged all Apple products from my life and no longer need my Fusion Pro v11.5 license.  I know this is a long shot, but is there a credit or transfer program where I could switch over to Linux Workstation Pro and pay the difference?

I could run the VMWare Linux Player for free, but typically need 3-6 VMs at any time.  VirtualBox is always an option, but prefer the speed and rock solid reliability of VMWare products.

Any suggestions?

Jim

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I could run the VMWare Linux Player for free, but typically need 3-6 VMs at any time

You can run multiple VMs at a time with Player - you just need to launch a new Player window for each VM - you can't run multiple in the same main program window like Workstation Pro does.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I don't think so - totally different product lines.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I could run the VMWare Linux Player for free, but typically need 3-6 VMs at any time

You can run multiple VMs at a time with Player - you just need to launch a new Player window for each VM - you can't run multiple in the same main program window like Workstation Pro does.

0 Kudos
JimOQuinn
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Good bit of info, thanks.  Currently downloading and will give it a try.

0 Kudos