VMware Communities
bigrock0
Contributor
Contributor

core dumps on latest beta

i just upgraded from previous version to the 36932 build and i am experiencing problems where fusion just stops and does not respond. i get a message box that says i should run vm-support tool and that a core.??? file is available for review somewhere. i know this is vague, but it's happened three times in last three days. next time it comes up, i'll capture everything i can. anyone have similar problems? i didn't get this on the prior build.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

I too am running a VM built with the private beta of Fusion but I'm not experiencing any crashes. There are documented scenarios here that can cause Fusion to unexpectedly quit. Maybe you could describe the circumstances right before a crash, it is repeatable.

To run the support script, in Terminal, I run:

cd Desktop

sudo /Library/Application\ Support/VMware\ Fusion/vm-support-mac.tool[/code]

The script tells you the name of the file it created, which in this case will be on your desktop. You could then submit that file to open a beta support request at http://www.vmware.com/support/services/Beta.html

0 Kudos
DannyD
Contributor
Contributor

Indeed. If you are experiencing core dumps please file a support request and we will investigate.

0 Kudos