VMware Communities
mfd3264
Contributor
Contributor

connecting to lan kills wifi

I'm trying to connect to local wifi for internet access and at the same time connect hardwired to local area network that does not have internet access.

I am able to connect to the devices over the lan in windows.

The LAN connects me to some audio matrix devices. I am using a windows programs on the windows side to configure those devices.

The devices I am trying to connect to on the windows side have the following IP address: 192.168.199.x.

The default gateway address is: 192.168.199.1

When i do an ipconfig in windows console, I show 192.168.199.100

However, when the network cable is plugged into my mac, I am unable to get internet access via wifi on the mac side.

As soon as I unplug the network cable, Internet access comes back.

I need to have simultaneous wifi connectivity and LAN connectivity in order to work on this equipment.

I have been able to do this in the past. Not sure why I can't make it work now.

Sorry is this explanation is a little confusing. I hope this is enough information.

That you in advance for your help.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

It's unclear how your guest VM is configured from what you have posted.  Do you have 2 virtual NICs in your VM - one connected to the wireless NIC, and the other connected to the wired NIC?  If not, I don't believe you will be able to connect to both networks at the same time (unless, both wired and wireless NICs attach to the same subnet, of course)

0 Kudos