VMware Communities
sharkez
Contributor
Contributor

cmd key mapping to ctrl key

I've looked through some of the topics and don't see this clearly answered:

Parallels provides automatic mapping of the cmd key to the ctrl key when working in a emulated app. Is there a way to make that happen in Fusion. That way my automatic keyboard expander would work in win apps too (like Typinator.) Any chance that can work?

Perhaps it would be best to allow this app by app but I'd at least like to be able to have these mapped "for all", like the keyboard shortcut pref already available.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

In Unity mode, the Command key is remapped to the Ctrl key. AFAIK there's currently no way to get finer granularity using Fusion, but you could try a key remapper in the guest.

0 Kudos
rcnmr2
Contributor
Contributor

I find a nasty surprise here.. In XP VM trying to select from a long list of files to open that are not sequential.. contrl click does not add the file to the list. shift click works properly. Does anyone have a solution to get normal windows contrl click to function in Fusion 1.0 build 50460?

Thanks,

R

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Wht happens when you ctrl-click? The standard OS X interpretation of ctrl-click is right click, which is what Fusion does by default. You can turn this off in the preferences.

0 Kudos
Pat_Lee
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Wht happens when you ctrl-click? The standard OS X

interpretation of ctrl-click is right click, which is

what Fusion does by default. You can turn this off in

the preferences.

The preference to turn off in this case is "Enable Mac OS mouse shortcuts".

Pat

0 Kudos
bgaspers
Contributor
Contributor

After having used Parallels for a while, I decided to try out Fusion now that it went 1.0. I also miss this feature from Parallels and found it worked quite well. How about giving us the option of cmd->ctrl mapping in the regular window view as well (as Parallels does)? I prefer using the window view instead of Unity, since I work with several Excel files at once and switch between them using the task bar (i.e., having to select the file from the Excel windows menu is a pain, which is what is required in Unity).

0 Kudos