VMware Communities
C999
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

changing pre allocated disk space for VM does not change size of C in windows

I changed the pre allocated space to VM fusion on my mac from 80 GB to 110 GB.

This appears to have no effect ont the size of C-disk in windows (c properties file attached)...

What should I do?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Your post needs moving, so I have reported it.

You need to use the Disk Management tool in Windows to increase the size of your partition, depending on the version of Windows and how Disk Management reports the usage you might need to use an alternate tool for Windows.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

2 Replies
garyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello @C999,

Welcome to Skyline Community!

We request you to kindly provide us with the name of the VMware product for which you are looking for assistance. Our moderator will move the thread to the concerned community channel.

Sincerely,
Aryan Garg.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Your post needs moving, so I have reported it.

You need to use the Disk Management tool in Windows to increase the size of your partition, depending on the version of Windows and how Disk Management reports the usage you might need to use an alternate tool for Windows.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog