VMware Communities
mrweasley
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

change default machine

I have two virtual machiness - one is Vista and one is XP.

Whenever I run Fusion, the Vista machine boots up. I would like to change this. Now the only way I know how to get to the XP machine is to select Open Recent from the File menu after the Vista has booted.

TIA.

Lewis

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

VMware Fusion (menu bar) > Help > VMware Fusion Help > Navigating VMware Fusion > Using the Virtual Machine Library Window

If you have Fusion set up to show a favorite virtual machine at startup, you can get access to the Virtual Machine Library window by selecting Window > Virtual Machine Library from the menu bar.

Designate a virtual machine to run when you start VMware Fusion (“favorite virtual machine”) Click on the star icon to the right of the virtual machine name in the source list.

Also this can be done whether or not a Virtual Machine is running.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

VMware Fusion (menu bar) > Help > VMware Fusion Help > Navigating VMware Fusion > Using the Virtual Machine Library Window

If you have Fusion set up to show a favorite virtual machine at startup, you can get access to the Virtual Machine Library window by selecting Window > Virtual Machine Library from the menu bar.

Designate a virtual machine to run when you start VMware Fusion (“favorite virtual machine”) Click on the star icon to the right of the virtual machine name in the source list.

Also this can be done whether or not a Virtual Machine is running.

0 Kudos
mrweasley
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks.

I now have a good running system. I appreciate the help with figuring out the menu items and the lingo.

Lewis

0 Kudos