felixswensson08
Contributor
Contributor

can't find boot camp

Hi!

I wanna start using VMware Fusion for Mac from my boot camp partition.

Problem is that Fusion can't find my Boot Camp volume when trying to create a virtual machine.

So I tried parallels desktop. That worked but I would prefer to use Fusion. So I tried importing the virtual machine from parallels into Fusion. The virtual machine shows up but when I try starting it I get the error message. No operating system found.

What could be the problem?

I'm using a 2012 iMac 27 with 1 TB fusion drive.

Best,

Felix

0 Kudos
1 Reply
hyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi felixswensson08felixswensson08,

Welcome to Fusion Community~!

>So I tried parallels desktop. That worked but I would prefer to use Fusion. So I tried importing the virtual machine from parallels into Fusion. The virtual machine shows up but when I try starting it I get the error message. No operating system found.

Did you power on the Parallels VM with Parallels after Boot Camp Partition imported? If the VM could power on successfully, it would be also power on successfully after imported by Fusion, because the Boot Camp Partition had been already converted to VM and was no related to physical Boot Camp Partition. Otherwise, the physical Boot Camp Partition may has unknown issue, need to update or shutdown cleanly.

You also could refer to Virtual machine not mirroring Bootcamp

Harry

0 Kudos