VMware Communities
zaidocram
Contributor
Contributor

can not use web cam

I can not use the mac build in web cam when i'm on windows, can someone help me please?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi, welcome to the forums! We'd like to answer your question, but there just isn't enough information in your post to be able to do this. Please take a look at and follow up with details about your situation.

The most common problems with using an iSight in a Windows virtual machine are not having Apple's Boot Camp drivers installed or not having the iSight connected to the virtual machine.

0 Kudos
zaidocram
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for trying to help, I'm still using os X 10.4.11 and it's the trial version, I'm not using the boot camp. My computer is a macbook pro and i don't know how to connect the Isight to the virtual machine, the windows I'm using is Vista, i tryed to go to control panel / printers and cameras but it says i hava to connet the camera.

I think that's all i know about my problem, sorry i don't know much about computers, thanks again for trying to help

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Even though you aren't using Boot Camp, you still need Apple's Boot Camp drivers in order to use the iSight, otherwise Windows won't know how to talk to it. As far as I know, the drivers are currently only available on Leopard DVDs. There is nothing we can do about this.

You can connect the iSight to the virtual machine via Virtual Machine > USB, but this won't help without the drivers.

zaidocram
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you any ways

0 Kudos
zaidocram
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Etung

Sorry for bother again, I've been able to instal the drivers and I went to Virtual Machine > USB > Connect Apple BuildIn Isight, it told me the camera is ready to use, but when I go to Control Panel > Scanners and Cameras, I can not find my camera

0 Kudos
helavagal
Contributor
Contributor

Etung,

Is Boot Camp drivers something that you can download from the internet? I would like to use windows messenger to talk to family in Brazil, but the camera will not stay connected and Vista cannot locate the drivers for isight. I bought this computer 4 days ago and did not receive a dvd for leopard.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Is Boot Camp drivers something that you can download from the internet?

As far as I know, the drivers are currently only available on Leopard DVDs, they are not (legally) available on the internet. Petition Apple.

0 Kudos
zaidocram
Contributor
Contributor

I got the drivers from the first time i did the boot camp but now i had to delet the partition on the disck to have more space available, as i don't have the 10.5 I had to call customer service they talk to technicians and then they gide my to delete the partiton using os 10.4 at the same time I've been able to use the drivers on vm fusion but still can not use the cam on windows

0 Kudos