VMware Communities
chrisloue
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

caméra intégrée et windows live messenger

isight camera (macbook) isn't recognised by windows live messenger. can you help me?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

ok.but,if i can connect the apple built in isight in the fusion menubar,why don't works this camera?

I have no problem using the Apple Built-in iSight with Windows Live Messenger using the iSight driver installed from the Mac OS X Leopard DVD Install Disc 1 or the Mac OS X Leopard Upgrade DVD. So it does work however you didn't say whether there were and flags showing in Device Manager, did you check as mention in one of my previous reply in this thread?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
borisdusek
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You have to do 2 things to get it to work:

1. install Boot Camp drivers in the virtual machines (that's different from installing Windows on a Boot Camp partition). To do this, insert your Leopard DVD, attach it to the virtual machine (Fusion menubar > Virtual Machine > CD/DVD > Connect CD/DVD). Then install Boot Camp drivers. Probably you have to restart Windows after the installation finishes.

2. connect the webcam to the virtual machine - Fusion menubar > Virtual Machine > USB > Connect Apple built-in iSight

Now the integrated iSight webcam should be available.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Is the iSight connected to the Virtual Machine (Virtual Machine > USB > Connect Apple Built-in iSight) and did you install the iSight driver from the Leopard Install Disc 1 or Upgrad Disc and have you checked Windows Device Manager to make sure there are no flags on any of the devices specifically Universaly Serial Bus Controlers and also Imaging Devices? Have to tested to see if the iSight work in Windows Explorex by clicking on Apple Built-in iSight under Scanner and Cameras?

0 Kudos
chrisloue
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

i don't have leopard. i'm running on mac osx 10.4 tiger.should i have to get boot camp? how to do? where can i get it? excuse for my bad english!!!

0 Kudos
chrisloue
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

i'm running on mac osx 10.4 tiger .i don't have boot camp . how to do ? thanks for your reply and excuse for my bad english

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

i don't have leopard. i'm running on mac osx 10.4 tiger.

This is a problem. For whatever reason, Apple only choses to distribute Boot Camp drivers with Leopard DVDs. There is no other way to legally get them (well, you could bring your Mac to an Apple store and ask the Genius to borrow a Leopard DVD).

excuse for my bad english!!!

Your English isn't too bad, it's certainly understandable.

0 Kudos
chrisloue
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

i install an isight driver from internet and the built in isight on the fusion menubar is connected,but i have always the same problem . windows live messenger don't recognised the camera. where can i check the "famous"windows devices manager and specifically universaly serial bus controlers and imaging devices to make me sure there are no flags on them

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

i install an isight driver from internet and the built in isight on the fusion menubar is connected,but i have always the same problem . windows live messenger don't recognised the camera. where can i check the "famous"windows devices manager and specifically universaly serial bus controlers and imaging devices to make me sure there are no flags on them

If you do not know how to get to Device Manager you can easily type Device Manager after clicking Start > Help and Support.

As far as the iSight drivers being download from the Internet you're on you own because those drives have been illegally posted and thus illegally downloaded much less they may have been modified from the original.

0 Kudos
chrisloue
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thanks for your answer. thanks a lot.i didn't know ,before today, i have download an illegaly driver. boot camp can't be download no more. the only solution is to get leopard ,isn't it?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

boot camp can't be download no more. the only solution is to get leopard ,isn't it?

Correct.

0 Kudos
chrisloue
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ok.but,if i can connect the apple built in isight in the fusion menubar,why don't works this camera?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

For the same reason that plugging in a random, nonstandard USB device into a physical computer won't work. The guest requires drivers to talk to the device, and even though OS X knows how to do this, it doesn't matter - the guest can't make use of that knowledge. The required drivers are part of Apple's Boot Camp drivers, but Apple has chosen to only make them available on Leopard DVDs.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I have no problem using the Apple Built-in iSight with Windows Live Messenger using the iSight driver installed from the Mac OS X Leopard DVD Install Disc 1 or the Mac OS X Leopard Upgrade DVD. So it does work however you didn't say whether there were and flags showing in Device Manager, did you check as mention in one of my previous reply in this thread?

0 Kudos