VMware Communities
gkmadhav
Contributor
Contributor

boot camp installation has been modified since you last installed

I had VM fusion (dont quite rmember if it is 4.0/5.0), as it got expired i have to install the VM fusion 6.0. After installation i am getting the following issue when i am trying to run it. FYI, i have removed the existing vm version and tried reinstalling and then tried to run, but the result is same. Also in one of the forums i have seen Tuxera NTFS creates an issue, so i disabled that one too, but still no success.

Boot camp installation has been modified since you last installed

Move the Boot Camp virtual machine to the trash then select "Run Boot Camp" to recreate it. This will not affect the Windows applications or data on your Boot Camp partition.

Module DiskEarly power on failed.

Failed to start the virtual machine.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
admin
Immortal
Immortal

You don't have to delete it, just choose "File > New" to make a new Boot Camp VM. That message dates back to when we tried to only have one Boot Camp VM per Boot Camp volume, so in order to make a new one you had to delete the original. Now you can make as many Boot Camp VMs as you like.

It's caused by a difference between the way Fusion 5 and 6 parse disk information; there isn't actually anything wrong with your VM or disk. We are aware of the problem and working on a solution.

0 Kudos