VMware Communities
vittorio130881
Contributor
Contributor

bad refresh video in vmware fusion 6.0.2 with windows 8.1pro

hello i have installed an original windows 8.1 pro. but i have a problem with flickering in scroll of main window metro. for example in NEWS(notizia)  if i scroll to left or right i have a refresh, not beautiful,  like the drivers of video card (emulated by vmware fusion) are immature. instead there is no problem with browser srcolling or scrolling in excel. only with windows.   i have selected the open gl 3d mode and i have selected the adjusting of resolution in retina display. what can i do? i have a macbook pro retina late 2013 with 8 gbyte di ram and core i 5 and mavericks 10.9.2.  this problem seems is not dependent on amount of ram destinated.... and numbers of core.

what can i do?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi vittorio130881,

Thx for using Fusion, does the issue only happen when you uses metro application? And what kind of mode do you choose? Single window mode, fullscreen mode or unity mode?

0 Kudos
vittorio130881
Contributor
Contributor

excuse me but i am not able to speack english very well Smiley Happy

the problem is in kubuntu also. i use full window.

when i drag a window there is not a beautiful effect: the vertical lines are jagged not straight. i saw jagged lines when i drag a window.

or bad artifact.

why??? 

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi Vittorio130881,

I'm a little confused. In your 1st poster, you said guest OS is windows 8.1 Pro, but in your 2nd poster, you said guest OS is kubuntu?

So what's your guest OS in your problem?

Or if you can capture a screen record of your problem, that could help a lot.

You can use 'QuickTime Player' to record your screen. Thx a lot.

0 Kudos
vittorio130881
Contributor
Contributor

sorry!!!!!! Smiley Sad

both o.s. kubuntu and windows 8.1 pro. tomorrow i will post images. thanks!!!!

0 Kudos
vittorio130881
Contributor
Contributor

sorry for me but  it's impossible to do a capture the screen because the problem is visible only in drag or scroll operations.  and it's incredible but if i do a video with quick time player of the desktop the problem is not visible!!!!! lol

i have re - installed the vmware tools (for windows and linux) but nothing.

it is not a insuperable problem and so we can close the post.

thanks

0 Kudos