VMware Communities
Udkar
Contributor
Contributor

after installing VPN on virtual machine, OS crashing in loop.

after installing VPN on virtual machine, OS crashing in loop. Does Fusion VM doesnt support VPN software?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
manuel_wenger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What guest OS? What VPN software? How does the "crash" look like? Is it a Windows blue screen?

Try booting Windows in safe mode and uninstall the VPN software...

I'm using a Cisco and a SonicWall VPN client in a Windows XP VM and they do work, so there's no general incompatibility between Fusion and VPN. I think it really depends on what VPN client you're trying to use.

0 Kudos
Udkar
Contributor
Contributor

I have the guest OS is Win XP, I have installed Cisco VPN. As soon as windows start booting its blue screens. I logged in sfae mode and re-installed, thats not t e problem. My worry is i dont think fusion support all VPN client..

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

What does the bluescreen say (screenshot is also OK)?

0 Kudos
mcvosi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm running the release of Fusion and I'm seeing a BSOD when I installed the Cisco VPN Client version 4.8 (I don't recall the build #). It appears to be an issue with the Deterministic Network driver that the client installs: dne2000.sys.

0 Kudos
mcvosi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I installed a 5.x version of the VPN client and all seems to be behaving. Last evening I was able to install the client w/o a BSOD. I will report back after I've used it for a while.

0 Kudos
fsans
Contributor
Contributor

All VPN soft I used runs fine. Now in production with Nortel APANI (Contiviti) and all seems normal. But... what about sharing the connection with the VM hosting Mac OS X ?

Since Nortel VPN Client on Mac is very painful, is there someone that can explain me how can I use the tunnel taken from the VM with applications on the OS X side ? Is possible to share the connection ?

0 Kudos
teamchachi
Contributor
Contributor

Any updates on this? If I use the VMXnet NIC driver I can crash windows everytime with the dne2000.sys blue screen of death. If I uninstall the Cisco VPN client, roll back the NIC driver to the original Windows driver, then install the Cisco VPN client, everything is fine. No crashes and the Cisco VPN works. It would appear that there is a serious issues with dne2000.sys and the VMXnet driver.

0 Kudos