VMware Communities
ThePimento
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

XP - "Unable to log you on because the netlogon service is not running on this machine."

I was running Fusion 3 on my previous iMac at work. I got a new iMac, and used a Time Machine backup to transfer all my files over. I purchased Fusion 4 and upgraded. I had a few issues getting XP to even start (I had the locked file issue), but I took care of that and now I can finally get XP to boot up.

My problem now is when I try to sign on to our domain, I get:

"Unable to log you on because the netlogon service is not running on this machine."

I've looked at some other topics, but they're a few years old. I can boot into Safe Mode (with command prompt), BUT it requires me to log in, which I cannot do. I've tried logging in to the local account, but with no luck ("The system cannot log you on now because the domain xxxxx is not available.").

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

These really not a VMware issues per se, they're Windows issues and need to be dealt with just like one would with any physical machine running Windows.  So, industry standard diagnostic/troubleshooting methods/methodologies apply and you'd probably be better off searching Microsoft directly or Google.

0 Kudos