VMware Communities
mavwolf99
Contributor
Contributor

XP SP3 broke vmfusion!

Hi! I just put XP SP3 on my macbook pro. Now my vmfusion is in a loop of restarting with the black windows boot screen coming up and then going to the "blue screen" with some error message. The message comes on so fast I cannot read it before it flips back and reboots. Any thoughts on how I can break this looping or should I blow it away and reload XP again, which I really do not want to do.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Try starting Windows in Safe Mode and then...

If you want to stop a BSOD from automatically rebooting the system...

1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.

2. Click the Advanced tab.

3. Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings to open the Startup and Recovery dialog box.

4. Clear the Automatically restart check box, and click OK the necessary number of times.

5. Restart your computer for the settings to take effect.

Note: If My Computer is not on the Desktop then click Start > Run > type "sysdm.cpl" (without the quotes) then click OK or press Enter then continue with step 2 or right-click My Computer from within Windows Explorer then continue with step 2.

0 Kudos
mavwolf99
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for responding. I cannot even get to safe mode! Therefore, I have just blown away this vm and reverted a saved one. Your info was very helpful for the next time I mess up my vm.

0 Kudos