VMware Communities
davidb2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

With Fusion 11, Windows 10 doesn't see Mac printer

With Windows 10 and Fusion 11 (macOS 10.14.3), my Mac network printer doesn't appear as an option in print dialogs.

Here are some of the things I have tried:

1. Unchecking the "Share Mac Printers with Windows" box, shutting down the VM, rechecking the box and restarting

2. Removing and reinstalling VMWare Tools

3. Removing the Printer Port and reinstalling the Virtual Printer

4. Unchecking and rechecking "Share this printer on the network" in Mac > System Preferences > Printers and Scanners

Printing works fine with Windows 7 (also running in Fusion 11).

I would be very grateful for any help --

Thank you,

David

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
davidb2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

To answer my own question, in case it helps someone else, I changed Virtual Machine > Network Adapter to Bridged instead of NAT (which I think was the default -- at least I don't remember selecting it).

When I restarted the VM there was no difference, but I restarted it again and clicked Virtual Machine > Install Virtual Printer (which didn't produce any visible results) and for some reason this time it worked.

David

View solution in original post

3 Replies
davidb2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

To answer my own question, in case it helps someone else, I changed Virtual Machine > Network Adapter to Bridged instead of NAT (which I think was the default -- at least I don't remember selecting it).

When I restarted the VM there was no difference, but I restarted it again and clicked Virtual Machine > Install Virtual Printer (which didn't produce any visible results) and for some reason this time it worked.

David

rgeaston
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Worked perfectly.  Exactly the right answer.  Amazingly simple!

0 Kudos
IrmisD
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Virtual Machine > Install Virtual Printer option worked for me as well!

Great solution. Simple! Thanks.

0 Kudos