VMware Communities
homcy
Contributor
Contributor

Windoze XP - (bootcamp) shows false coloring through fusion

Hi all,

can anyone confirm this?

MacBook Pro w. OSX 10.5.2 and Win-XP Pro SP2 on Bootcamp partition, graphic prefs: 1440 x 900, 32bit looks nice when booted by bootcamp.

If booted as VM under Mac'n Fusion, the colors get slightly different. Colorchooser palettes show characteristical blocking, as if the display shows a lower color depth, but the Preferences in Windoze as on surrounding Mac state 32 bit Colors (and the Mac-Display really has 32bit Colors).

I use a greenish color scheme to avoid eye-stressing white backgrounds, which looks really nice on bootcamp-XP, but on Fusion-XP it makes me think my Mac is seriously ill (hualp)...

Best,

homcy

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Screenshot? What type of graphics card does your MBP have? What version of Fusion?

0 Kudos
homcy
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for response,

sorry, screenshots wont't be of any use: both, win and Mac shots are the same. This did me on the path of checking color schemes. It seems that default setting for Windoze Gamma is 9% plus (Nvidia Geforce 6800). ACK this, I tried to change Gamma on Mac to achieve similar results. Mac offers Gamma adjustment for PC-Photos/style of '2.2', but the result differs to booted Win a lot, too. On the other hand, changing Win Gamma (booted, not VM) to 0% results in way too dark images - nevertheless, after that, the coloring seems similar...

How can I achieve similar color schemes on both platforms without reducing image quality on one or the other side (on both platforms the adjustments seem to be quite perfect for an visual amateur like me)?

VMWare Fusion version: 1.1.1 (build 72241)

thanks,

homcy

PS.: put one screenshot aside for testing. please have a look at on booted and vm - windoze. I'm doing this on Macbook Pro MA896D/A

0 Kudos