VMware Communities
tahoe_joe
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Windows shortcuts in VM while on Mac keyboard

I'm running Windows XP in a Fusion virtual machine on my MacBook. I'm using a Logitech Mac keyboard/mouse. There's plenty of discussions out there for the typical keyboard shortcuts, but there's a few that I can't seem to find any solution to.

The most critical is using <Control> to highlight several different fields while in Excel or Word. This simply does not work for me.

Also, the mouse loses much of its browser funcionality in XP. The forward/back side buttons don't work, and neither does the left/right scroll feature on the scroll button.

Can anyone help me here?

Cheers

Joe

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
powervm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

>>The most critical is using to highlight several different fields while in Excel or Word.

Disable option 'Enable Mac OS mouse shortcuts' option from VMware Fusion -> Preferences menu

>>Also, the mouse loses much of its browser funcionality in XP. The forward/back side buttons don't work

VM will not recognise all features of Logitech Mouse has. It will recognize standard PS/2 Mouse which is virtually created

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
powervm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

>>The most critical is using to highlight several different fields while in Excel or Word.

Disable option 'Enable Mac OS mouse shortcuts' option from VMware Fusion -> Preferences menu

>>Also, the mouse loses much of its browser funcionality in XP. The forward/back side buttons don't work

VM will not recognise all features of Logitech Mouse has. It will recognize standard PS/2 Mouse which is virtually created

0 Kudos
tahoe_joe
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That did it for the control function, thanks!

0 Kudos