VMware Communities
lmetz
Contributor
Contributor

Windows product activation- window freezes

Attempting to access my bootcamp partition, upon starting VMware Fusion I get a message -"Windows Product Activation -- Since windows was first activated on this computer, the hardware on the computer has changed significatly. Due to these changes, windows must be reactivated within 3 days. Do you want to reativate now?" HOWEVER the window freezes and I can not move the curser to reactivate. Please help. Do I need to reinstall Windows with bootcamp. Any ideas??? Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the VMware Community forums. Your post has been moved to the VMware Fusion forum

Dave Mishchenko

VMware Communities User Moderator

0 Kudos
williambishop
Expert
Expert

You can call Microsoft and reactivate the installation if you can ever get a "running" try. Most likely, you will have to do a reinstall, or a repair.

--"Non Temetis Messor."
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Having to reactivate a Boot Camp setup (once, if you install Tools, but this requires logging in) is normal.

I wonder if the system is not actually frozen, but is not accepting keyboard/mouse input? Did the preparation step finish successfully?

has a possible manual workaround - if you're using SP3, use sp3.cab instead of sp2.cab.

0 Kudos
lmetz
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for replying. The problem is on my 24" imac, and I think you are right about it not actually being frozen. It does seem to be a lack of keyboard/mouse contral, and I will try your solution this afternoon when at the office. I was aware of reativating windows on boot camp and I have done that, thinking that it may help. I am optimistic that this solution will work -- my problem is my lack of windows knowledge. I will follow the instructions and let you know how I make out.

Larry

0 Kudos