VMware Communities
Batch108
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Windows password

I have installed Fusion for Mac 3.11, after insatllation I was presented with a Windows login screen asking for Username and password. I have tried all possible combinations without success. I assumed it would allow me into Windows for me to set up access within 'Control Panel'

What have I done wrong, I have a Mac with a Windows 7 OS which I can't use?

with Kind Regards,

Batch108

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Am I being dense?

You'll have to answer that for yourself. Smiley Happy

Below are direct download links taken from the previously provided URL to the current and previous ISO Images that you could use. I haven't tested the current one however have user the previous version many times. Basically you download the .zip archive and extract the .iso file and assign it to the Virtual Machine's CD/DVD and set the Virtual Machine to boot the CD/DVD from the Advanced settings.

[cd100627.zip|http://pogostick.net/pnh/ntpasswd/cd100627.zip] (4MB) - Bootable CD image. (md5sum: 6d80cdfbba97457e413f95a3554d9524 cd100627.zip)

[cd080802.zip|http://pogostick.net/pnh/ntpasswd/cd080802.zip] (3MB) - Previous version CD image. (md5sum: 33ecd38263f935b82e7b2e3e9f5de563)</li></ul>

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
      8 Replies
      WoodyZ
      Immortal
      Immortal
      Jump to solution

I use the Offline NT Password & Registry Editor to reset the passwords in a case like this much less other scenarios.

Just reset to a blank password and then once in Windows you can assign a new one if you want.

Batch108
      Contributor
      Contributor
      Jump to solution

Hi WoodyZ

Thanks for the reply, I have tried going to that page, but cannot figure out what to do, I have a Mac that can show the Windows login screen, but nothing else. I can't run a .exe file as I can't get into Windows?

Am I being dense?

Batch108

0 Kudos
      WoodyZ
      Immortal
      Immortal
      Jump to solution

Am I being dense?

You'll have to answer that for yourself. Smiley Happy

Below are direct download links taken from the previously provided URL to the current and previous ISO Images that you could use. I haven't tested the current one however have user the previous version many times. Basically you download the .zip archive and extract the .iso file and assign it to the Virtual Machine's CD/DVD and set the Virtual Machine to boot the CD/DVD from the Advanced settings.

[cd100627.zip|http://pogostick.net/pnh/ntpasswd/cd100627.zip] (4MB) - Bootable CD image. (md5sum: 6d80cdfbba97457e413f95a3554d9524 cd100627.zip)

[cd080802.zip|http://pogostick.net/pnh/ntpasswd/cd080802.zip] (3MB) - Previous version CD image. (md5sum: 33ecd38263f935b82e7b2e3e9f5de563)</li></ul>
          0 Kudos
          Batch108
          Contributor
          Contributor
          Jump to solution

Hi I have just tried the second zip file and burnt to CD, rebooted from the CD in Virtual machine, it restarted windows, but with the same problems.

Batch108

0 Kudos
          WoodyZ
          Immortal
          Immortal
          Jump to solution

You do not need to burn the .iso disc image to optical media and can just attach it as the CD/DVD in the Virtual Machine's Settings.

You also have to set the CD/DVD to be the Startup Device under Advanced in the Virtual Machine's Settings. This last part is assuming you're using VMware Fusion 3.x and if not then what version are you using.

Batch108
          Contributor
          Contributor
          Jump to solution

Booting from the CD/DVD from the virtual machine settings isn't a problem, but how do you attach it a CD/DVD in Virtual Machine settings?

I'm thinking that it may be worth starting again? How do I un-install the Windows 7?

Thanks

Batch108

0 Kudos
          WoodyZ
          Immortal
          Immortal
          Jump to solution

Check your Private Messages.

0 Kudos
          WoodyZ
          Immortal
          Immortal
          Jump to solution

For anyone reading this thread the solution was to use the Offline NT Password & Registry Editor to enable the default disabled Administrator account on Windows 7 and this was done using TeaMViewer.

As to how Windows 7 was initially installed without a initial User Account being defined will have to remain a mystery unless someone knows how that can occur and wants to share that.

Well for whatever the reason this is why tools like the Offline NT Password & Registry Editor usually make for an easy fix when having to enable the default disabled Administrator account or when a password is forgotten.

0 Kudos