VMware Communities
jsorrell
Contributor
Contributor

Windows on VMware Fusion, Multiples Monitors

So I have looked everywhere for a response to this and I cannot seem to find anything to my specific question. I have a Macbook Pro that I am running and I have 2 extra monitors connected to it. One monitor is connected through a thunderbolt adapter, while the other is connected with a USB to VGA adapter. I am running Windows XP through VMware Fusion 4. My question is, am I able to run VMware on the two extra monitors and leave my mac desktop running on the Macbook? I want to have the Windows XP desktop on one of the monitors with it extended to the other monitor. Is that possible? If so, how? Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit: Since I have installed the drivers for the USB to VGA adapter, the Macbook has seemed to run noticeably slower. Could this actually be the problem or is it just random luck that it started happening around the same time?

Thanks,

Jackson

0 Kudos
1 Reply
changhai
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

jsorrell,

thanks a lot for your reporting this issue.

as of now, it is only allowed to use 1 or all monitors by Fusion.we have one internal ticket (688708) to track this feature request which will be implemented in the further release hopefully.

Thanks you again!

Best Regards,

changhai