VMware Communities
fjwilson
Contributor
Contributor

Windows fails boot-up when starting vmware-logfiles attached

(After doing more research and finding a post by WoodyZ I have attached vmware log files and vmware fusion log files to message )

I am pretty computer illiterate when running fusion, I only know that it works like clockwork up till now. I have to use it to get into my banking website: nothing that runs on Mac will run properly on the site.

Anyhow, the vm will normally start in a full-sized window for about 3-4 seconds, then shrink down to a fourth of the screen. When this stopped, I knew something wasn't right. Windows went into dos, indicating that it had been shut down wrongly. I let it try to start itself, and it "started" to boot up, then the vm screen went black. The second time I used the "boot up with last know good configuration" option within windows dos, and the same thing happened.

I tried to go into the vmware folder in OSX and delete the applications folder. It didn't help, so I replaced it.

I am using time machine, and it is not a like-changing event to revert the entire computer back and get the vm working again. I didn't want to do it if there was some simple, easy fix I was overlooking.

I am running os x 10.5.4 on an Intel based Imac, and vmware version 1.1.2. My vmware os is XP Home version, and I only have the one virtual machine. I have tried to download and install vmware 2x once, maybe twice, unsuccessfully.

What is the best course of action? I would like to save certain info on the vm if possible.

Would I be better off trying to upgrade program to 2x version again in the morning?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Fred

Message was edited by: fjwilson

Message was edited by: fjwilson

0 Kudos
0 Replies