VMware Communities
ictadminrbassi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Windows apps on top in unity

Hi All

I am currently doing a POC for VMware fusion in our organisation to try to sell to them they can use Windows 7 within a Mac rather than having 2 seperate devices. Using latest Fusion 6 pro edition. The Macs are running a mixture of mountain Lion and Mavericks.

In testing I have created a Windows 7 machine and using unity I have noticed that if I am using Outlook in Windows and have a Mac application on top it doesnt appear to show the outlook notifications that appear.

Is there a way in unity mode that I can show certain windows applications on top as the priority. I been unable to find a setting at the moment. It just means if our designers are working with an Adobe applications in Mac OS, they wont see their notifications unless they remember to keep checking once in a while....

Thanks

Ranj

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

It might be more helpful if you also included what version of Outlook you're using!

VMware Fusion itself has no settings that I've seen in the GUI to aid in what you're asking.  If there is a hidden preference or .vmx option I haven't seen it posted and someone from VMware would need to address anything hidden in this context.

That said, and I really do not use Unity however I've noticed messages that appear in the System Notification Area of the Taskbar show up in the lower right corner of my screen.  Albeit partially covered by the OS X Dock.

If the version of Outlook allows for that and or playing of a sound you could configure that option. 

ictadminrbassi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

Sorry it is Outlook 2007 which is being used. I know what you mean when the taskbar is partially covered by the OS dock.

I guessing for the moment the sound option would be the best option.

thanks

0 Kudos